Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sigul shows

Fiction

Why does he still haunt my thoughts? I remember how sad I was when I first saw the man at the tracks. Looking deeper into the Sigul I see him sitting and waiting for what looks like hours, then time seeps to speed up and I see the clouds race across the sky and the sun rise and set in only a few moments and yet the man at the tracks does not move but I can see he is becoming thinner I think he will die soon, if not from starvation then from a lack of will to live. I realize now that he wasn't looking for me but desperately clinging onto whatever he saw through those tracks. He wants to die. I start to turn my head away unable to watch a man starve to death in time lapse then I see an eye. An eye that I spent the happiest years of my life looking at a blue eye that has one brown speckle in the bottom. This brown speckle is surrounded by blue a blue that is soft like the sky with flakes that are hard like steel. I start to see more and my heart leaps at the thought of simply seeing by beloved's face once more but it is a boy's face that holds this eye. He is not alone but with a girl. The boy looks to be around sixteen and the girl a few years younger. They are brother and sister, it just seems to fit how they walk together approaching the man at the tracks. She has blue eyes as well but they seem to be composed of steel even though her heart is soft. It is her that urges her brother on towards the man at the tracks. View from above blond curly hair hand made clother and a purse, feeding nursing leaving

I was not sad because I saw him because I thought he was a hallucination. I was simply unhappy with my life. That point in my daily commute when I crossed the tracks seemed to be important to me somehow. I wonder just how long he has been looking for me and what does he want to do with me? It would be a welcome relief to see another person. The years I have spent here have been in utter desolation.

No comments:

Followers